This type of program helps the user with an electronic calendar that also may offer other tools such as a contact list, address book, and appointment book. All of the features are called extensions and are part of the time management software program. Examples include accessory packages for the desk or for automating office computer systems. You can also find the same software provided in smartphones, EDA’s, and PDA’s.
A few of the Features
- Calendar which shows days of the week and the date. One example is one that either has a yearly calendar or a monthly calendar.
- Address book allows you to input all of your contact information so you can communicate easier.
- Appointment allow you to add an appointment file that you can share with others that need the information regarding the appointment.
- The Appointment calendar offers you the ability to add several appointments as well as who will be attending the event. In some cases, the program will be able to detect any conflicts in the schedule and let the individuals involved realize there is a problem with the schedule, and will even provide a different suggestion for the time of the event.
- Appointment reminders will remind you of any event that is coming up soon.
- Sharing Availability allows you to provide the days and times you are available for events or meetings.
- Calendar publishing allows you to publish your calendar via a link to others so they can see the calendar.
- Collaborative scheduling provides scheduling checking for meeting times for all those that will be invited to the meeting, and can suggest the best time for each individual so the one organizing the meeting can choose the time and date that will work for all involved.
- E-mail is a communication feature that is implemented into the calendar so it can send reminders to all individuals of upcoming meetings or if any problems with scheduling are found.